Date: January 23 2009
A Midwinter Symposium presented by the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS).
Libraries today face many choices when trying to optimize resources discovery for their patrons. Much of our information resides in separate silos, yet patrons want an integrated, intuitive, and interactive discovery experience. Many companies have developed products that attempt to deliver that experience. How can libraries evaluate the options: next generation catalog interfaces, federated search engines, link resolvers? How do they choose which will be the best fit?
- Robert Wolven, AUL for Bibliographic Services and Collection Development
- Roy Tennant, Senior Program Officer, OCLC Programs and Research
- Marshall Breeding, Director for Innovative Technology and Research, Vanderbilt University Library
- Jill Grog, Electronic Resources Librarian/Associate Professor, University of Alabama Libraries
- Kristin Antelman, Associate Director of the Digital Library, North Carolina State University
- Don Barlow, Director, Westerville Public Library, Westerville, Ohio
- John Meador, Director of University Libraries, Binghamton University, State University of New York
- David Lee King, Digital Branch & Services Manager, Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library
- Jennifer Bowen, Director of Metadata Management and a principal investigator for the eXtensible Catalog Project, University of Rochester River Campus Libraries
Advance registration opens on October 1 through the ALA conference website.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION: Division/RT member: $199.00; ALA member $249; Non-Member $299; Student/retired member $99
ONSITE REGISTRATION: Division/RT member: $249; ALA member $299; Non-Member $349; Student/retired member $99
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED RATE FOR BOTH SYMPOSIA (information about the other symposium appears below: Division/RT member $339; ALA member $419; Non-Member $499; Student/retired member $198
ALCTS thanks Innovative Interfaces, Inc. for their generous support of this event.
Sally Lancaster Technical Services Manager Alameda County Library 510-745-1548