On Thursday, August 13, join BayNet and the Northern California and Nevada Medical Librarians Group (NCNMLG) at the historic Berkeley City Club for an informative and important discussion about how to meet the increasing demand for quality consumer health information. Librarians are also confronting the challenge of working with patrons of widely varying levels of health literacy.
This event will include the perspectives of four experts in the field. The panel discussion will be from 4-6 PM, and include time for networking and learning about these two local library organizations. Registration is $10, and hors d’ouevres will be served. Please register online.
- Barbara Bibel, Reference Librarian, Oakland Public Library
- Alison Clement, Librarian, Marshall Community Health Library
- Nancy Dickenson, Librarian, Stanford Health Library
- Kelli Ham, Consumer Health Coordinator, Pacific Southwest Regional Medical Library
NCNMLG is an “organization of individuals interested in and committed to the provision of quality health care information. Our membership is open to anyone who shares our interests and values.”
Directions to the event:
The Berkeley City Club is located at 2315 Durant Ave, at the corner of Durant and Ellsworth, in Berkeley.
- Parking: There is a parking lot next door to the BCC on the corner of Durant and Ellsworth, and also another on Durant and Telegraph just a few blocks further east.
- BART: The nearest BART station is Berkeley Downtown and is 6 blocks away.
- AC Transit: Many AC Transit bus lines run near the Berkeley City Club, including lines 1, 7, 9, 15, 18, 19, 51, 65, 67, and 79.