This job is now closed.
The Mechanics’ Institute Library is a full-service, general interest membership Library located in San Francisco’s financial district.
Under the general direction of the Library Director, the Electronic Services Librarian will provide leadership and oversight in the planning, implementation, and maintenance of a broad range of library electronic services, including but not restricted to:
- Library ILS system: Millennium (Innovative Interface, Inc.)
- Library collections: databases, e-books
and provide professional library services to members:
- Reference and reader’s advisory
- Instruction in use of Library electronic resources
- Collection development of technology-related print materials
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Associate, and experience with information technology systems, including the Millennium library system, and web development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Good organizational skills, ability to work independently, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of current and emerging technology trends
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with patrons and colleagues
- Experience in developing instructional materials; teaching individuals or groups
Salary commensurate on experience; full benefits package is included for this position, which is full-time, and may include Saturday or evening hours. Mechanics’ Institute Library is an Equal Employment Opportunity worksite.
Complete applications will include cover letters, current resumes, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Please send to:
Mechanics’ Institute Library
57 Post St.
San Francisco, CA 94104