This job is now closed.
Hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. M-W-F
Salary is $21-$23 per hour
Position Summary: Life Chiropractic College West is seeking a part-time public services librarian to work 24 hours weekly. The public services librarian serves the research needs of the students, faculty, staff and field doctors. The information they obtain enhances patient care and the chiropractic profession. Some flexibility in the schedule is available. Benefits for part-time work include vacation and sick/personal leave.
Essential Job Functions:
Under the direction of the library director, the public services librarian provides:
- Research and user training at the reference desk
- Bibliographic instruction for assigned courses
- Serials collection management
- Assistance with bibliographies and current awareness services
- Assistance with managing access to electronic serials
- Library webpage content for selected topics
- Vacation coverage of other services such as interlibrary loan
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science. Students with previous job experience in libraries, and who are near completion of an accredited university library science program, are welcome to apply.
- Reference interview skills
- Experience in developing search strategies for information retrieval from print and online sources
- Proficiency in computing for database management, spreadsheets, word processing
- Experience working in a team setting
- Ability to work with diverse staff and student body
- Attention to detail, with analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and public speaking
Qualified and interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to: Life Chiropractic College West, Human Resources Department, 25001 Industrial Blvd., Hayward, CA, 94545, fax to: 510-780-4528 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Position is open until filled.
Library webpage: http://www.lifewest.edu/lw_library/index.shtml