At Kaiser Permanente Northern California, you’ll join a team of health advocates who share your passion for helping people.
This is an unusual opportunity to join a team of education professionals working with a variety of students and staff at the School of Allied Health Sciences at 938 Marina Way S., Richmond, CA. The candidate should enjoy working with students who are entering allied health science training and be an energetic promoter of the library and the school to the general community. Good personal, communication and teaching/training skills essential, in helping students achieve basic and advanced information literacy and succeed in the educational environment.
BA or BS. ALA accredited Masters Degree in Library Science. Computer literacy. Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment. This is a salaried full time 40 hour per week position, with some evening and weekend hours.
In addition to usual professional librarian duties, other duties include but are not limited to:
- Train students computer literacy, research and study skills
- Oversee and coordinate the daily operation and services of tutoring center or lab
- Consult and partner with faculty on course content, instructional technology, and expectations for student success
- Compile statistics and report on library effectiveness
- Work with faculty to measure the contribution of tutoring services to student success and satisfaction
- Participate in on and off campus outreach, recruitment, and retention programs and services to attract, retain, and support students
- Assist in the design and preparation of written information on local college and community educational services available to students and staff
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume to John.C.Marquez@kp.org, referencing job number 011707. Please visit http://kaiserpermanentejobs.org/ for job submission details. Principals only. EOE/AA Employer. This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures. Closing date March 5, 2010.