This job is now closed.
This is a senior management position in a private academic library. The overall duties include, but are not limited to, overseeing daily operations, programming and administration of reference, instruction, circulation, course reserves; and, researching and evaluating new services. Supervision of 5 FTEs.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA Accredited institution or equivalent
- Five plus years of progressively responsible librarian administrative experience in an academic library
- Vision and capability to refine and develop the library of the future
- Proven library management, budgetary and strategic planning and analytical skills
- Reference experience using databases and other print and online sources
- Teaching or training experience
- Supervisory/management skills for 5 FTE positions
- Clear understanding of the evolving role of the academic library in a time of complex transition in the technologies of scholarly knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exhibit strong customer service orientation for all levels of college constituencies and members of the public
For more information, visit the Mills College website job description at: http://tinyurl.com/yb5vu78
AIM Representative, Deb Hunt, is handling the recruitment and all inquiries. For more information, contact Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-347-5505.