Responsible for library strategic planning, administration and management of internal operations, communication and coordination with campus, faculty, staff, and other external organizations, evaluation of library programs and services, development of library information technology, budgeting and fund raising, and participation in college governance and committee structures. Articulates a vision of the library’s future and provides leadership in the integration and use of information technologies. Holds a faculty appointment and is the lead faculty member and advocate for information literacy.
Education and/or Experience:
- MLS from ALA accredited program
- Second Masters degree or Doctorate in Library and Information Studies, Educational Technology or a field related to the health sciences is desirable
- Membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals is desirable
- Eight to ten years as a professional librarian preferred
- Five years in a position of increasing administrative responsibility, preferably as a director or supervisor of professional librarians, in an academic and/or health sciences library
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.