PLAN Administrator performs a wide variety of office and IT support and Project Coordinator duties within the Peninsula Libraries Automated Network (PLAN). PLAN Administrator will be on-call 24×7 during one week every five weeks. Regular schedule is Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm, certain projects will require team member to work during off-hours.
Supervision Received and Exercised:
PLAN Administrator reports directly to the IT Director
Key or Typical Tasks and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Tier One – Troubleshoot any problems PLS staff encounter with ILS software
- Run monthly circulation statistics for libraries and create reports
- ILS backups
- Jr. Level administration of ILS server application
- Update WebOpac information
- Update/create website pages –(Drupal 6.0 and Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services)
- Tier One Windows/Linux Support
- Technical Lead for all PCs in the PLS Admin building
- Technical Lead for UPS in server room
- occasionally – Staff Training and project presentations
- Assist IT Director with Project Coordination
- Library card orders
- Hardware orders
- Warranty /Hardware maintenance
- New Hire/Transfer/Exiting staff setup
- Create users and technical documentation
- Represent PLAN during Library Committee meetings when required.
- Education and Experience
- Education equivalent to completion of the 12th grade.
- Basic PC or server maintenance desirable.
- Two years of library clerical experience.
- Project Management/Coordinator preferable
- Writing business reports and presenting on the topic
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment and software.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Process for managing small and large projects
- Communicate effectively in person, over the telephone, electronically, and in writing with a wide variety of people, including coworkers, member library staff, and vendors
- MS Office
- Creating reports
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment with changing needs.
- Familiarity with library integrated library system software desirable.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Normally seated, standing or walking at will; normal physical activity including some bending, pushing, pulling, and carrying, which may range up to 50 lbs., upon occasion. Keyboarding and working at a computer monitor for extended periods required. Phone usage, reading, speaking, and listening required. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or work rooms.
Excellent benefit package and opportunity to grow within the organization
Please email resume and cover letter to IT Director – Monica M. Schultz