National Hispanic University is seeking a librarian with experience and training in information literacy, research methods, teacher education, and/ or early childhood education, who will work with both campus based and online students and faculty.
Established 28 years ago, National Hispanic University provides accessible and affordable quality education for underserved students. Through innovation, engagement and student-centered learning, National Hispanic University, a fully accredited, four-year university is fostering successful academic and economic futures of its students. The National Hispanic University offers undergraduate degrees in Child Development, Liberal Studies, Business, and Mathematics and Science, as well as a Master’s degree in Teacher Education and several California teacher certificate programs.
We seek a librarian with experience and training in information literacy, research methods, teacher education, and/ or early childhood education, who will work with both campus based and online students and faculty.
The Reference Librarian reports to the Director of Library Services. , position will be responsible for the following services and assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide expertise and leadership in general reference services (live, remote, and web-based).
- Develop and present course-related instruction and conduct seminars, student orientations and student tutorials in undergraduate and graduate subject areas.
- Collaborate with faculty on research projects and provide research assistance to faculty and graduate students.
- Create subject web pages and guides to research.
- Develop collections in appropriate formats to support the academic units served.
- Serve as liaison to assigned departments.
- Maintain, analyze and report statistics in area of responsibility.
- Represent the National Hispanic University Library at campus and Laureate and at local and national library events.
- Stay current with new technologies and products. Participate in assessment activities such as surveys, statistics,
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in University and professional activities.
- Work as a member of the Reference and Instruction Team.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Will work independently on evenings and weekends.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION REPORTS TO: Director, Library Services
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Students, Library Assistants
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with a diverse staff and user population
- Knowledge of database structures and use and ability to create web pages for users
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- ALA accredited master’s degree
- At least one year of campus based and online academic library reference experience, including email, chat or web, and in person preferred.
- Subject knowledge of education or child development preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Spanish-English bilingual skill preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please apply at