Health Branch Librarian – Spanish Speaking
Full-time long term temp
$30/hour, 8:45 a.m.-5:15 p.m., Monday-Friday
If qualified and interested, please send resume and cover letter to Deb Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org. MUST be fluent in Spanish.
Staff a community-based branch of a health library. Prepare patron research packets and performs on-line database searches. Assist in the staffing, promotion, and delivery of services for all library sites, working closely with other library staff. Work with the Director to implement the systems and technical service provided by the Library at all sites. Maintains computers and refers to IT for support of both staff and public-access Internet services.
- Provide patron services: conducting reference interviews and assisting patrons with research
- Work with educators at health clinic to meet their information needs
- Coordinate staffing of libraries with other branches
- Work with on-site volunteer (s)
- Acts a liaison between branch clinic and Main Library as first point of contact between agencies and relays information to Director of Main Library
- Participate in the planning process for library expenditures and physical facilities
- Coordinate staffing for branch
- M.L.S./M.L.I.S. required, familiarity and experience with medical terminology necessary Or M.P.H. with patient education emphasis Fluent
- Fluent Spanish required
- Experience with on-line database management and searching. (Databases available include PubMed, CINAHL, Ovid and Micromatix.
- Interest and experience in public service and volunteer relations
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work with diverse agencies and individuals
- Self-motivated and committed to a quality information service