Part-Time Instructor, Diablo Valley College Library Technology Program Reference and Research Services: Tools and Techniques, Spring Semester 2011 $57.96-$81.96/hour depending upon education and experience.
Diablo Valley College is accepting applications for a part-time, hourly position for an instructor in the Library Technology Certificate Program. This three-hour evening class assignment is for teaching a 3-unit class of 54 classroom hours: Reference and Research Services: Tools and Techniques. This semester-length class will be offered in Spring Semester 2011. The course is offered every Spring semester and is a required course for the Library Technology degree.
More information about DVC’s Library Technology Program can be found at:
Questions? Please contact Deb Hunt, email@example.com.
Master’s Degree in Librarianship from an American Library Association accredited school.
- Three years experience as a reference librarian in a variety of libraries.
- Knowledge of and experience with reference resources in print and
- digital formats and the techniques for providing effective reference
- Teaching and/or training experience with adults.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with students and colleagues.
- Sensitivity to teach students from diverse cultural, ethnic, and
- socioeconomic backgrounds who may have wide ranges of abilities, including
- the disabled.
- Enthusiasm for the work of library staff and the services they provide.
Please send resume/c.v. and cover letter describing your teaching experience and why you are interested in teaching in a community college library technology program. Deadline for submission is September 15, 2010.
Send or email to:
Interim Library Director
Diablo Valley College
321 Golf Club Rd.
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
The Contra Costa Community College District is an equal opportunity employer.