Benetech (www.benetech.org) has a unique and exciting opportunity for Online Library Manager for Bookshare (www.bookshare.org), the world’s largest library of digital electronic books for the blind and print disabled. This position is responsible for managing the staff of the Collection Development team as well as the outsourcing partners Bookshare has contracted with to scan and proofread thousands of books for the collection. In addition, this position manages inflow of digital content from publisher partners and all aspects of projects related to Bookshare collection development.
This position is on-site in Palo Alto, California, and reports to the Director of Literacy Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Collection Development staff including those responsible for book processing, digital content and metadata.
- Function as a member of the Bookshare Operations Management Team.
- Measure, analyze and report metrics in Collection Development for reporting to the Department of Education and other funding sources on progress against goals.
- Develop and closely manage to the Collection Development budget, providing input on internal & external cost efficiencies, forecasts and actuals.
- Develop and manage production schedules for projects.
- Work closely with executive management to manage business relationships with the outsourcing partners.
- Assist in setting policy and standards regarding Collection Development functions, including submission process by members, publishers, universities, and others.
- Work closely with Engineering on conversion processes, site fixes, bug reporting and QA testing relevant to Collection Development and the members it serves.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years in a management position with direct staff on a software, documentation, library or publishing project.
- Direct project or production management experience.
- Direct digital content management experience, including XML and metadata.
- Demonstrable experience in partner management and the assessment of contractual deliverables.
- Ability to multi-task and provide consistent high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Familiarity with OCR technologies is a plus.
- Experience with Wiki content management and with bug tracking and reporting systems is highly desired.
- Interest in disability technology is a plus.
If you would like to help us grow Benetech, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com or Human Resources at 650/475-1066 (fax). In your cover letter, please explain why you would like to work for us and your relevant experience.