New contact information.
Bain & Company, Inc. is looking for a Global Information Services (IS) Digital Initiatives and Training Manager. This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing selected digital initiatives in support of information services as well as the ongoing development, implementation, and overall coordination of research skills training programs for consultants and IS staff. Position reports to Director, Global Information Services and is located in San Francisco.
Information Services Digital Initiatives Project Management:
- Researches and recommends new technologies for the delivery and support of information services
- Leads the implementation of new technologies that improve access to IS resources and IS skill development and delivery, working with Global Technology team
- Works with Global IS team to develop and evaluate technology strategy and pilots for exploiting new technologies
- Aligns IS technology strategy with overall Global IS and Bain goals and initiatives
- Represents IS concerns and interests in cross-departmental, cross-functional technology projects and deployments
- Evaluates outcome of pilot projects with users and makes recommendations regarding project expansion or adoption
- Provide project management and oversight of relevant technical IS projects
- Information Services (Research) Skills and Development Training / Coaching:
- In conjunction with Director, Global IS, develops and manages implementation of policies and procedures related to skill development for all Research Specialists
- Develops standard training materials for global IS professionals and provides training guidance as necessary through appropriate channels including: in person, electronic, etc.
- Works with IS managers to ensure compliance with Global Research Specialist competency goals
- Consults with IS managers on the development of individual skill plans and develops ad hoc skill plans as needed
- Responsible for co-coordinating content of IS global and regional meetings
- Develops and maintains end-user training materials and implementation processes to achieve appropriate consultant research skill competencies at different levels in the organization
- Acts as a liaison with IS teams and Global Training on deployment of end-user training materials (through both office-based and global consultant training programs)
- Manages creation and maintenance of Just-in-Time training resources deployed via the Intranet, etc.
- Assists local IS teams with customization of training materials.
- Acts as a resource for IS teams to assist with “train the trainer” activities
- Masters of Library Science or equivalent experience in a consulting, financial services or other professional services research environment required
- Three+ years experience with online information systems and intranet/internet applications including evaluating new technologies and implementing new technology systems.
- Two+ years of experience developing and delivering training programs related to information services competency and end-user training within a professional services environment or equivalent
- Demonstrated competency in conducting complex business research inquiries using electronic and print resources in a fast paced professional services environment such as consulting or financial services
- Demonstrated ability to lead others as a supervisor or mentor of more junior researchers and peers
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead global projects with limited supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
For consideration please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Bain & Company (www.bain.com) is a global business consulting firm. Our business is helping to make companies more valuable. Our clients have historically outperformed the stock market by 4:1.
Bain was founded in 1973 on the principle that consultants should deliver results – not just reports – to their clients. Since then we have worked for over 3,300 clients in virtually every industry.
With over 2,400 Bain consultants worldwide, we measure our success by our clients’ results.