The BayNet Nominations Committee is pleased to announce the election slate for the 2011-2012 year:
- Vice President/President Elect: Nicole Greenland (Holy Names University)
- Secretary: Jo Falcon (Golden Gate University)
- Public Library Representative: Suzanne Olawski (Berkeley Public Library)
- Academic Library Representative: Katherine Becvar (College of San Mateo)
- Special Library For-Profit Representative: Michelle Howard (KMD Architects)
- School Library Representative: Tom Kaun (Redwood High School)
With the exception of the Vice President/President Elect, the term of service is two (2) years, starting July 2011 and running through June 2013. The Vice President/President Elect serves one year as Vice President (2011-2012), one year as President (2012-2013), and one year as Past President (2013-2014).
In accordance with the BayNet Bylaws, voting will be held at the Annual Meeting, scheduled to take place on May 6 at 9:00 am in the Koret Auditorium, San Francisco Public Library Main. After a short business meeting during which the voting will be held, the meeting will feature speaker Lee Rainie, Director of the Pew Research Center’s Internet and American Life Project. For more information and to register to attend please go to http://www.baynetlibs.org/events/baynet-2011-annual-meeting-registration/ Registration is open through April 30, so register today.