LAC Group seeks an experienced Business & Science Researcher to perform on-demand complex secondary research relating to current industry news/analysis in the industrial/business arena as well as more scientific / technical, especially in the areas of energy production, natural resources, earth sciences, oil and gas, “green” energy, and more. This position will be part of a larger team of information professionals working in a fast-paced corporate environment. This is a full-time regular position.
- Perform on-demand complex secondary research of a business and scientific nature
- Use electronic resources including fee-based databases, websites, and reports to find relevant information
- Produce a variety of daily, weekly and monthly reports on business and industry issues
- Work quickly and efficiently using resources in a cost-effective manner
- Support information services team and entire organization by providing value-add research and packaging results appropriately
- Minimum of 5 years of recent professional experience doing complex secondary industry research/analysis in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Experience in Energy, Utility or Chemical business is preferred.
- Database experience including Dow Jones, Factiva, Dialog, D&B and pricing resources.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects/jobs, be highly responsive, have excellent communication skills (oral and written), follow-through, and the ability to complete projects by a given deadline
- Ability to analyze and summarize search results for busy executives
- Mastery of Microsoft Office tools required
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA-accredited university is not required but highly preferred
Remote / telecommuting work will be considered
Please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/BizScienceResearcher
To view all of our open opportunities please visit: http://careers.lac-group.com/
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.