San Jose State University Library is currently recruiting for a Library faculty pool for part-time temporary appointments. Librarians will generally be appointed to percentage-based part-time positions. The number of appointments made in a particular semester may vary. The part-time assignments may range from .1 (4 hours per week) to .5 (20 hours per week) or slightly higher. Assignments may not all have the same job responsibilities or weekly hours. By mutual consent, a work schedule may deviate on occasion to fill-in for a librarian on a short- or long-term leave.
Duties may include one or more of the following:
- Provide quality reference service at the Reference Desk, through email, or via QuestionPoint during days, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Teach sessions for classes and groups as part of the librarians’ information literacy program.
- Perform collection management activities such as selection and evaluation.
- Develop electronic tools and bibliographic guides.
- Collaborate creatively with other colleagues to develop innovative services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ALA accredited Masters degree or its equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of print and electronic library resources and services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of multicultural population.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other librarians, support staff, teaching faculty, general public, and students in an evolving organization and rapidly changing information environment.
Rank and Salary: Senior Assistant Librarian. Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Availability: This recruitment will select a pool in effect from June 1, 2011 – May 31, 2013. Initial appointments will be made June 1, 2011.
Please send via email a letter of application, a complete resume of academic preparation, experience and qualifications, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of 3 references to email@example.com.
Please contact the SJSU Library Human Resources Office at 408-808-2126 if you have questions.
San Jose State University is any equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Reasonable accommodations will be made for applicants with disabilities.