The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a pool of part-time librarians at Chabot College in Hayward, CA. The position reports to the Division Dean.
Deadline: Open until Filled.
Salary : The hourly salary is $ 49.24 at Step One.
The position is part-time librarian. Employment will begin as soon as possible. Hours can include evenings, Fridays or Saturdays.
- Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in Library Science
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
- Experience providing instruction in an academic library;
- Familiarity with information competency/literacy concepts and programs;
- Awareness of various learning styles and teaching strategies;
- Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with students, faculty and staff including those who have not had an opportunity to use new technologies;
- Willingness to facilitate student’s learning by working to develop varied and innovative learning environments;
- Experience with HTML, multimedia and presentation software;
- Experience with Libguides and various electronic databases;
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills;
- Interest in promoting library services to a multicultural population;
- Experience teaching classes utilizing effective search strategies to access resource;
Particular Job Characteristics
- Teach effective research strategies in print and online resources;
- Provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students, staff and faculty;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
Candidates invited to interview may be asked for additional information and may be required to present a brief teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.
In addition to a resume, please also submit a Diversity Statement. In it, the successful applicant must demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities. Please provide how you demonstrate this minimum qualification and in ways that are directly relevant to position for which you are applying.
Submit the resume and the Diversity Statement to:
25555 Hesperian Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94545