Subject to Budgetary Approval
Job Opening ID (JOID): 14209
The Liaison Librarian is responsible for collection development, information literacy, reference service (to both university and public users) and research consultation in assigned subject areas. The Liaison Librarian participates in the library’s information literacy competence program, enhancement of the library’s technology-enabled informational and instructional services and products, the campus learning spaces and learning management systems, and university governance.
This is a twelve-month, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian.
- MLS degree from an ALA accredited program or equivalent.
- Experience and/or coursework in collection development, reference service/research consultation and information literacy/instruction.
- Potential for scholarly research and/or professional achievement.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the educational needs of a diverse population, as gained through cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience, as applied to ensuring user-centered services, systems, and programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with public and academic librarians and staff, teaching faculty, and students in a team-based organization and a rapidly changing information environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, and implement innovative projects or services, including community outreach programs to the community.
- Experience and/or coursework in incorporating current and emerging technologies into informational and instructional services.
Please see http://www.sjsu.edu/facultyaffairs/docs/14209_libr.pdf for full description and application information.