St. Patrick’s Seminary and University Library in Menlo Park, California seeks a 30 to 35 hour per week librarian to provide cataloging, interlibrary loan and book processing services, as well as occasional reference and instruction in library use. The library staff is highly service oriented and proactive and our new librarian should be flexible, cooperative, and able to work well with library patrons with a wide range of research capabilities and needs. Experience supervising volunteers and work/study students is a plus, as is familiarity with theological collections.
The position includes a generous benefits and vacation package including meals at the seminary dining hall. Here are some of the job responsiblities and skills:
- Perform original and or copy-enhanced cataloging for incoming books in accordance with current bibliographic standards and local practices.
- Use OCLC Connexion efficiently to search for records and update library holdings.
- Complete retroactive copy and/or original cataloging for materials selected by Library Manager.
- Special projects as needed, i.e. re-classing books or adding large collections to the OPAC.
- Provide public service as needed, including reference services, library orientation, and technical support.
Lauren Zina John
Carl Gellert & Celia Berta Gellert Foundation
St Patrick’s University & Seminary
320 Middlefield Road
Menlo Park, California 94025
650 325-5621 x118 email@example.com