Mills College is recruiting for a Library Specialist–Circulation. This position manages the activities of the F. W. Olin Library’s Circulation Desk. The primary responsibilities include:
- Supervise the activities and work flow of approximately 20 student employees, including hiring and training, preparing work schedules and assignments, and revising and developing training materials.
- Supervise all circulation activities and procedures including fines and billing, holds, renewals, searches for missing books, etc. using the Innovative Interfaces Millennium system. Investigate and resolve circulation problems and complaints as necessary.
- Supervise the Library’s course reserve and electronic reserve operation, including scanning materials for online access, creation of catalog records, and close coordination with faculty to ensure timely processing of materials.
- Provide a basic level of referral and information service.
- Compile statistics and assist in special projects.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.