The University of San Francisco Gleeson Library | Geschke Center is seeking an engaging, creative, and forward-thinking information professional with excellent computer and communication skills to be the sole manager of a small library for professional working adults at the USF San Jose Campus. This position supervises one Library Assistant and reports to the Head Librarian of Distance Learning Services & Regional Libraries. As part of a distributed workgroup of nine library staff members on five campuses, this librarian also works closely with the USF San Jose Campus administrators, faculty, program directors, and information technologists.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program or its international equivalent
- Minimum two years professional experience in public services, preferable academic
- Friendly and highly service-oriented, with demonstrated ability to interact cooperatively with adult nontraditional students, faculty, colleagues, administrators, and information technologists
- Flexible and able to handle gracefully the pressures and demands of a busy branch campus environment
- Works well independently as a solo librarian and as a supervisor
- Strong communication, organization, oral, written, and technical computer skills
The position is open until filled.