Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary is seeking qualified applicants for an immediate opening as the Reference and Instruction Librarian. GGBTS is a graduate theological school of the Southern Baptist Convention. The school is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. GGBTS operates five campuses throughout the West.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian is the primary reference resource person helping build bridges between theological and pedagogical content, research, strategies and information technologies. This position provides reference services to students, faculty, staff and other library users. Reference is done in-person and via electronic methods. Assistance to faculty and instruction are done to support the Seminary’s goal of developing information literate students. Supervision of part time Reference Assistants is part of this position as well as working cooperatively with the Assistant Librarian of Circulation Services.
- An MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Reference and instructional experience, preferably in an academic library
- Theological degree or training preferred
- Strong customer service orientation required
- Successful candidate will have a thorough grounding in traditional library services, the teaching skills necessary to create and deliver a wide range of information literacy instruction sessions, as well as experience in the application of digital and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning.
- Ability to maintain positive staff relations.
- Must be able to think creatively to address library patrons’ questions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with Voyager software preferred
- Knowledge of computers and databases including Microsoft Office including Access and Publisher required
Salary is contingent on experience. Full-time employee benefits including health and dental are provided.
You may request an employment application from the Human Resources department (415-380-1374) or you may download the Employment Application. Applications may be mailed to 201 Seminary Dr. Mill Valley, CA 94941 or e-mailed to email@example.com. Further information about our school may be found at www.ggbts.edu.