Moreau Catholic High School, a coeducational, Catholic high school in the Holy Cross tradition located in Hayward, is currently seeking to hire a Librarian for the 2012-2013 school year. This is a 4/5 FTE Position with full benefits.
Moreau Catholic is a school of 900 students and a diverse, college preparatory community that strives to educate the hearts and minds of our students. In addition, we are also a cutting edge Apple one to one laptop school, with a strong emphasis on 21st century learning skills embedded across the curriculum. The professional culture at Moreau is committed to continuous improvement and lifelong learning.
Role: To provide assistance to the Library to ensure that students and staff know how to find, assess, interpret, and synthesize information.
- Assist the Head Librarian in the administration and oversight of all Library roles and responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a welcoming and well-used space that supports the Moreau Catholic learning community
- Collaborate with teachers to support the effective integration of information and communication skills and technologies to enhance student learning
- Contribute to the development of a 9-12 scope and sequence in media literacy and information technology
- Teach students, faculty, staff, administration, and community how to access, evaluate, use, share, and create information from a variety of sources
- Model and promote literacy and the enjoyment of reading in all media formats
- Develop the collection of print and electronic materials to support reading for pleasure as well as the school’s educational curriculum
- Select and deliver new media in support of purposeful technology usage in teaching and learning
- Understand copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property, and assist users with their understanding and observance of the same
- Institute library programs that enhance and grow Moreau Catholic’s learning community
- Encourage the use of instructional technology to engage students and to improve learning, provide 24/7 access to digital information resources for the entire learning community
- Provide and plan professional development opportunities within the school
- Use evidence of practice, particularly in terms of learning outcomes, to support program goals and planning
- Maintain active presence in professional learning communities and serve as a resource to academic council, the professional development committee and the assistant principal of instruction as needed
- Assist with other duties as needed
MLS or MLIS from ALA-accredited institution is required.
Apply via http://edjoin.org/ (search Moreau Catholic)
Closing date: May 18, 2012