The Director of Information Resources will provide both strategic and administrative leadership to help meet the company’s regulatory and pharmacovigilance obligations as well as its medical information and R&D information needs and ensure the company remains compliant with all relevant copyright laws.
- Manage and continue to develop Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ Information Resources function, including print and e-content procurement, literature searches, document delivery, end-user database licensing, management and training, reference support, cataloging, and archiving.
- Conduct long-term planning and budgeting to develop the company’s information resources. This will include working with all company departments at all sites to ensure that the company’s information resources and services meet their various needs and working with individual departments to develop appropriate policies for handling the company’s various information resources.
- Ensure that postmarketing literature surveillance is conducted to meet our surveillance and reporting requirements for all company products.
- Ensure that all company sites have appropriate access to information resources and will manage the vendor relationships, budget, and copyright issues (including international copyright issues) associated with multisite access.
- Advance the company’s content and knowledge management activities, including developing a product-specific publication database, developing innovative ways to improve information sharing and access across the company, and developing an alert system geared to specific company needs.
- Promote awareness of the library’s electronic presence and services and will provide employee training in company library systems and resources.
Areas of responsibility will include managing the following:
- Digital library and Virtual Library Platform
- Specialty content databases and resources (Embase, Science Direct, Proquest, UpToDate)
- Journal subscriptions
- Copyright compliance
- Postmarketing literature surveillance
- Custom search requests
- At least 2 years of library management experience in a pharmaceutical or medical research environment
- MLS degree or at least 3 years of experience conducting literature searches, classifying, and archiving literature in an online library system
OTHER VALUABLE EXPERIENCE
- Thorough understanding of the broad range of corporate information needs
- Exceptional organizational and client service skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing work flow, staff, vendors, and budget
- Ability to juggle multiple timelines and priorities
- Experience with scientific, drug safety, business, legal, and regulatory literature searches a plus
- Science background a plus
- Familiarity with Livelink a plus
- Knowledge of international copyright issues a plus