This position is the primary reference resource person helping build bridges between theological and pedagogical content, research, strategies and information technologies. This position provides reference services to students, faculty, staff and other library users. Reference is done in-person and via electronic methods. Assistance to faculty and instruction are done to support the Seminary’s goal of developing information literate students. Supervision of part time Reference Assistants are part of this position as well as working cooperatively with the Assistant Librarian in charge of Circulation.
- An MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Reference and instructional experience, preferably in an academic library
- Theological degree or training preferred
- Strong customer service orientation required
- Successful candidate will have a thorough grounding in traditional library services, the teaching skills necessary to create and deliver a wide range of information literacy instruction sessions, as well as experience in the application of digital and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning.
- Ability to maintain positive staff relations.
- Must be able to think creatively to address library patrons’ questions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with Voyager software preferred
Please see full job description on our website at https://www.ggbts.edu/hr/jobOpenings.aspx
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.