This is a part time (20 hours/week) temporary position and involves working evenings and weekends.
General Description: Responsible for a broad range of academic librarian activities related to the planning and implementation of library services. Some of the activities include providing reference and research consultations, conducting information literacy instruction in a classroom setting and performing collection maintenance.
Reference: Provides reference assistance and extended research consultation to students, faculty and staff. Directs researchers to materials found at other libraries and generates interlibrary loans as needed.
Information Literacy and Technology Instruction: Plans, develops, promotes and conducts library lectures using a variety of teaching techniques to build information literacy and technology skills.
Collection Development: Assists in the management of the library’s print and electronic collections to support the University’s curricular and research needs. Selects, organizes and annotates resources for library users.
· Master’s degree in librarianship [MLS or MLIS] from an ALA accredited library school
· Minimum 2 years of full-time experience in an academic library preferred
· Demonstrated competency in reference work, preferably in an academic library
· Experience with information literacy instruction and assessment
· Knowledge of the principles of collection development work
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills
· Commitment to diversity in higher education
Please email resumes to Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Catherine at 510-559-1540 with questions