The Alameda County Law Library seeks candidates for a temporary administrative assistant/secretary position. The position is 25-40 hours per week through November 22, 2013. Visit www.acgov.org/law to learn more about ACLL.
Job Overview: Under the direction of the Law Library Director, the administrative assistant performs the duties generally associated with an administrative assistant/secretary. Generally assists in promoting the services and programs of the law library.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Managing conference room reservations and pre-registration for mandatory continuing legal education (MCLE) programs;
• Data entry into the County’s financial system;
• Bookkeeping related tasks including making deposits and picking up checks in the County Auditor –Controller Agency;
• Assisting with Board of Trustee meeting preparations;
• Establishing and maintaining good relationships with patrons, co-workers, building personnel and others.
• Bachelors degree and experience working in a law library or public agency;
• Ability to type 60+ words per minute
• Two years with increasingly responsible experience performing general administrative assistant/executive assistant secretarial or duties.
• Knowledge of modern office procedures;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures;
• Strong commitment to public service;
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with a diverse community of users;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently and make productive use of work time;
Application: Send cover letter, resume and completed application form, http://www.co.alameda.ca.us/law/documents/application.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alameda County Law Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer