The Paul J. Cushing Library at Holy Names University (3500 Mountain Boulevard, in the Oakland Hills) has an immediate opening for a part-time, temporary adjunct reference librarian available for a total of 13 hours per week (including weeknight and weekend shifts; exact schedule to be determined) through the end of spring semester, 2014.
This librarian is responsible for providing direct reference service and research assistance, both in person and online, to students, faculty, staff, and other members of the Holy Names University community. Other tasks may include basic computer technology support, oversight of student workers, circulation, updating research guides, assisting with library events, or other activities in support of the library’s mission.
- Master of Library and Information Science.
- At least one year experience providing reference in an academic setting.
- Customer service experience and demonstrated ease in working with diverse faculty, students, and staff.
- Tact, enthusiasm, and optimism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with various electronic databases.
- Availability to work weekends and evenings.