Job is filled.
During the month of January, Code for America is looking for a temporary, full-time data and information specialist to help catalogue, categorize and create its online asset library. This position would help create an easy-to-understand library of training and marketing material that will be folded into the Code for America corporate website. Our office is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood, close to Bart, Muni, and other public transportation. This is an on-site position paid on an hourly basis.
- Surfacing and organizing Code for America’s media assets to appeal to government groups, civic technologists and the greater tech startup community. Assets include videos, white papers, books, community organizing kits, blog posts, core articles, slide decks and more. (Approx 350 or less)
- Developing top-level categories and a naming convention for Code for America’s online assets, tagging assets with those appropriate titles and descriptions, and educating staff on this new system.
- If time permits, developing a strategy for future content including recommendations on how to work with external 3rd party video platform APIs, publishing platforms and media.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Plan, schedule, and organize work
- Familiarity with technology and non-print material formats.
- Some HTML and basic skills with Content Management System.
- Patience, tact, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to train and supervise non-library staff.
- Works well both independently and in a team-based environment
Email resume to Michal Migurski, CTO, Code for America at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Code for America Library” in the subject heading.