The Manager of Medical Library Services is responsible for the following:
- Plan, develop, and manage all library operations and activities
- Develop and implement department policies & procedures
- Develop annual budget & control expenditures; manage library vendor contracts & services
- Collection development (ensure access to &/or acquisition of appropriate hardcopy and digital resources)
- Plan, develop, and provide instruction in using knowledge-based health & medical resources and bibliographic management databases for UCSF physicians, residents, nurses, and support staff
- Develop Web-based digital library technology resources and services through OCLC WorldShare Management Services to enhance efficiency of local operations and ensure optimum service to clients
- Establish goals at the department level and in compliance with the Medical Center goals
- Develop & sustain cooperative working relationships with Medical Center Departments
- Retain & develop library staff to ensure necessary expertise and competency to work in a technically challenging, digital environment;
- Manage the UCSF Patient Health Library, including marketing & outreach to patients, their families, and the general public
This position requires participation in relevant continuing education in medical library management, digital/technical developments in biomedical databases and bibliographic resources.
Please check on-line at http://jobs.ucsfmedicalcenter.org for more details about this job. Search for Job ID 5971.