Wage: $28.21/hour (this is an on-call, non-benefitted position)
We are seeking qualified extra-help librarians to cover shifts at the GILROY and MORGAN HILL Libraries.
· Interacting with the public on a frequent basis.
· Staffing shifts at both Adult and Children’s reference desks.
· Answering reference and reader’s advisory questions in person, by phone, or via email.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· M.L.S. or M.I.L.S. degree from an accredited university.
· Knowledge of the principles and practice of providing library services to adults and/or youth in public libraries.
· Knowledge of information sources and literature relevant to adult and/or youth patrons.
· Knowledge of trends and issues in librarianship.
· Possession of excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
· Possession of outstanding communication skills.
· Ability to work morning, afternoon, evening or weekend shifts, sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work in a busy environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Mark Fink at email@example.com for further information.