Social Media Internship Opportunity, 4-10 hours/week (This internship is not tied to an academic institution and can be a beginning or mid-career internship.) This internship is unpaid, but includes a Mechanics’ Institute membership for the duration of the internship.
The Mechanics’ Institute Library and Chess Room of San Francisco is looking for an intern to help us develop a social media marketing plan and policy. We’d like to examine what other similar organizations are doing and amalgamate that research into a unique document that will enable us to advertise our services and events to the greater San Francisco Bay Area, support community amongst our members, encourage the public to learn more about us, and extend our cultural sphere. We need a creative and knowledgeable individual to help us:
- Determine which social media and event listing channels we should be using
- Help us delegate tasks
- Develop a schedule for posting of events and commentary
- Outline “best practices” and rules
- This internship is for a minimum of 4 months and can be extended.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal
- Good administrative and technical skills (including Word, Excel, Facebook and Google Drive)
- Creativity and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Good research and Internet skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Desire to stretch and learn professionally and add to your skillset
Please send a resume and cover letter by September 26 to Taryn Edwards, Public Services Librarian / Member Relations & Marketing Specialist at email@example.com