The Wright Institute is seeking applications for a library assistant.
Located in Berkeley, the Wright Institute is a small graduate school of clinical psychology with a friendly and supportive work environment. We are looking for a full-time library assistant to provide general library and basic computer support to our students and faculty.
Reporting to and working closely with the library director, primary duties will include:
– Cover the circulation desk and provide basic reference support
– Assist students and faculty in use of online library resources
– Maintain and support student computer lab equipment (PC & Mac, printers, etc.)
– Provide basic technical support to students and faculty for wireless network connections, citation software, and other minor computer issues
– Process occasional interlibrary loans and assist in acquisitions and copy cataloging
– Propose, plan and implement improvements to library services and operations, in collaboration with the library director and other staff
– Library experience or education strongly preferred
– Bachelor’s degree in any field preferred
– Computer/IT skills, including configuring and troubleshooting hardware (PC, Mac, AirPort Wi-Fi) and software (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Zotero, etc.)
– Good interpersonal skills, including clear and concise oral and written communication
– Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work unsupervised
– Good problem solving skills
– Ability to lift 30 lbs.
The ideal candidate will be personable and well-organized with an attention to detail, have a technical aptitude and 1+ years of library experience, preferably in an academic environment. Experience with or interest in the Koha open-source Integrated Library System is a plus. Ability to work until 8:00 pm on an occasional (i.e. once a month) weekday, and on an occasional weekend day is preferred. Salary depends on experience, with four weeks paid vacation and medical, dental, and retirement benefits available. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.