PART-TIME (20 hours/week)
Fall 2014 – appointment ends December 2014
Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with 21 undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, comics, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, film, fine arts, visual and critical studies, and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,950 full-time students.
CCA Libraries are seeking a part-time Reference Librarian to provide professional reference services to meet the research needs of CCA students, faculty and staff. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides reference and research support for both the Oakland and San Francisco libraries, scheduling in-person reference desk hours in both libraries roughly equally
- Preferred hours Mon – Thurs 2 – 7 pm , but we are somewhat flexible. Hours will be divided between our Oakland and San Francisco libraries.
- Uses phone, email and chat for reference services as needed
- Provides back-up staffing of the circulation desk as necessary
- ALA-accredited Master’s in Library Science and professional experience in an academic library preferred; current enrollment in an MLS/MLIS program with completion of a reference services course considered
- Undergraduate degree or experience in an arts or design field preferred
- Familiarly with reference and instruction services in a digital environment and knowledge of a range of print and electronic resources for undergraduate and graduate research needs
- Expertise in research principles and database searching
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Associate Director of Libraries, California College of the Arts