Chabot College is seeking an adjunct librarian to be in an on-going pool or to substitute as needed. Hours can include evenings or weekends. Chabot librarians teach effective research strategies in print and online resources and provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students, classified professionals, and faculty.
Pay Starts at: $49.24/hr.
Submit materials by: December 3, 2014
Minimum Qualifications are a Master’s in library science, or library and
information science, or the equivalent.
Candidates must demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the
diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, including those with physical and/or
Desirable Qualifications are:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with information competency/literacy concepts and programs
- Experience providing instruction in an academic library
- Experience teaching classes utilizing effective search strategies to
- Awareness of various learning styles and teaching strategies
- Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with students, faculty
and classified professionals including those who have not had an
opportunity to use new technologies
- Willingness to facilitate students’ learning by working to develop
varied and innovative learning environments
Interest in promoting library services to a multicultural population
- Experience with HTML, multimedia and presentation software
- Experience with Libguides and various electronic databases
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
To be considered, please forward the following:
– Cover letter addressing minimum and desirable qualifications for the
– Resume of all professional preparation and experience
– College transcripts (unofficial copies may be submitted for
application purposes; however, official copies must be submitted before
hiring.) Any degrees earned outside the United States must have a U.S.
evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted
with the application.
– CLPCCD application available at
Submit packets to:
Heather Hernandez, Library Specialist, Chabot College
Candidates invited to interview may be required to present a brief
teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.