City of Mountain View Public Library is hiring a full time Children’s Services Librarian I/II
About our team:
We often describe ourselves as “on a mission.” Together, we find new and creative ways to spark literacy, learning and a love of reading. We celebrate the accomplishments of team members and look for ways to support and contribute to each other’s efforts. Each person has unique skills and talents and they find ways to use all of them here.
Is this you?
- You’re excited about being a Children’s Librarian. Maybe you didn’t always know what you wanted to do with your life, but you’re sure now.
- You love learning something new every day and are willing to invest the time to grow professionally.
- You can’t wait to share a great book, movie, website, program or discovery with customers and co-workers.
- You are detail oriented and observant. You are on the lookout for what needs to be done and the best way to do it.
- You listen, even to what is not said and get to the heart of a customer’s question. You send them away smiling.
- You welcome responsibility and aren’t afraid to ask for clarification when unsure about what’s expected.
- You love making things better and think things through before offering a plan or working with others to refine one.
- You are flexible, adaptable and are quick to adopt improvements in technology.
- You enjoy juggling multiple assignments and challenges and come up with ideas for more.
- You value collection as the core of the Library and understand how to balance the popular with items of enduring value. You know your community and anticipate what it will ask for and enjoy.
- You appreciate the importance of making choices and setting priorities to work within budgets.
- You are comfortable in the role of educator and love coming up with the best way to teach young children concepts such as two dimensional shapes or to guide elementary students in beginning to do research.
This recruitment will end either on, Friday December 10, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. or after 100 applications have been received. Apply early! For more details, and to submit your application, see: https://www.calopps.org/ViewAgencyJob.cfm?ID=19307