Mountain View Public Library is hiring for a 30 hour, ¾ time, position in the Adult and Virtual Services Section. We can fill with either a Librarian I or Librarian II. We need an energetic and highly motivated individual who possesses amazing customer services skills as well as great technical and interpersonal skills.
Is this you?
- You work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- You have excellent customer service skills. You are very patient. You enjoy helping people from all walks of life, and are happy to answer the same question over and over (and over and over) again.
- You are adaptable, flexible and deal well with ambiguity and paradox.
- You have a good understanding of technology and jump right in to new things. You are able to model and impart digital joy and “e-fearlessness” when working with patrons and other staff members, especially when it comes to social media, eBooks, and library databases.
- You don’t mind being in charge when your manager is not around.
- You love to connect people to information through books, movies, music, the Internet, and programs.
- You’re able to work in partnership with patrons to make sure their needs are met. You know exactly how to help someone find something great to read, even when that person may have no idea what they like.
- You have a flair for display and an eye for design. You’re interested in helping to make the library a more interactive place, both in passive and traditional programming.
- You are an enthusiastic planner, with the chops to pull things off in a variety of circumstances.
- You are happy to participate in professional activities that will help you stay involved and evolving within librarianship.
- You weed unapologetically. You order responsibly. You can balance longevity and popularity in order to create a collection of library materials that really sings.
This recruitment will end either on, Friday December 10, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. or after 100 applications have been received. Apply early! For more details, and to submit your application, see: https://www.calopps.org/ViewAgencyJob.cfm?ID=19306