Duties and Responsibilities
- Work primarily in the Loan and Periodicals Departments
- Assist with circulation/reserve duties
- Assist with shelving and weeding materials
- Provide students with technical assistance (computers, printers, copiers, etc.)
- Perform general office duties (typing, filing, copying, etc.)
- Close and secure the Library at the end of the day
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 years of library experience (academic library experience preferred)
- Ability to type accurately
- Knowledge of the Library of Congress classification system
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with computers and online library catalogs
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 2:00-7:00 p.m. (with 30 minute break)
Salary: $14.62-$17.58 per hour depending on experience; no benefits
How to Apply
Submit an online application for the Temporary Employment Pool (Non-Teaching) at https://peraltaccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/159.
Be sure to reference “Merritt Temporary Library Technician II” on the application.
For more information, please contact Nghiem Thai at (510) 436-2461 or email@example.com.
Closing Date: 01/31/15