The Library at Holy Names University has an immediate opening for a part-time, temporary reference librarian for 10 hours per week for the spring academic semester, 2015. This librarian will provide direct reference/research help in person and online to students, faculty, staff, and other members of the Holy Names University community one weeknight per week, 5-8 pm in the spring 2015 semester, plus approximately eight Saturdays. Depending on the candidate’s skill set and experience, there could be opportunities for information literacy instruction. Other tasks may include updating online resource guides (Libguides), assisting with library events, assisting with material de-acquisition, and other activities in support of the library’s mission.
- Masters of Library and Information Science
- At least one year’s experience providing reference in an academic setting
- Customer service experience and demonstrated ease in working with faculty, students, and staff
- Tact and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with Libguides and scholarly electronic databases
- Availability to work some Saturdays and one evening per week
For the Library, see http://library.hnu.edu.