The Sausalito Public Library seeks one or more hourly reference librarians to cover occasional substitute shifts at our reference desk. This is an hourly, substitute role without benefits. The hourly rate for FY 2015 is $29.12.
- Staff a reference desk at a small public library that is a member of the MARINet consortium
- Answer questions from the public in person and over the telephone
- Assist patrons at public-access computer stations
- Assist with opening and closing
- Work on special library projects, as assigned
- Explain library policies and procedures to the public
- Act as senior librarian on duty, as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MLS or similar graduate degree from an ALA-accredited program
- Familiarity with Integrated Library Systems (experience with Sierra from Innovative Interfaces a plus)
- Computer and computer problem solving skills (browsers, MS Word, printing, etc.)
- Excellent communication and public service skills
- Experience working at a reference or information desk in a library setting
To apply, please fill out a copy of the City of Sausalito employment application and submit it along with a current resume by January 31, 2015. Applications should be sent to Sausalito City Librarian Abbot Chambers at email@example.com. An MS Word version of the employment application is available on request.