The Business Library at Golden Gate University is in the midst of an exciting period of change designed to ensure students and faculty are exposed to an increasing variety of information and digital literacy learning options and a growing collection of resources available any time/any place. The Electronic Resources and Student Engagement Librarian will take a leadership position in managing the library’s e-resources and other acquisition and discoverability efforts and will produce and conduct presentations focused on topics that lead to increased levels of information and digital literacy.
• Facilitates e-resource and other acquisition, discovery, and maintenance issues by administering a range of library systems, services and operations.
• Develops and presents workshops, webinars and other presentations individually and in collaboration with librarians, eLearning staff, and faculty as part the library’s increasing student engagement and as part of the Center for Teaching & Learning Excellence.
• Provides research assistance and instruction to students, faculty, and staff on-site and remotely.
• Configures and maintains library technologies supporting electronic and other resource access.
• Coordinates general acquisitions, cataloging, and serials processes in line with the library’s “any time/any place” vision, mission, and direction.
• Manages resource records and associated budget issues including vendor tracking, consortium agreements, usage statistics, licensing terms, and other account and subscription information.
• Assesses the effectiveness of electronic resources and identifies ways to make access more effective and efficient.
• Participates in the evaluation, selection, de-selection and ordering of materials in all media individually and as part of the Collection Development team.
• Creates clear and efficient workflows for all e-resource and other acquisitions and discovery tasks.
For full job description available here.