Genentech is seeking an experienced scientific and business search professional skilled in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry. Searcher will work in the Legal Department. A critical component of this work environment is to generate innovative solutions to the information needs of the Legal Department.
• Expertise in conducting complex biotechnology/pharmaceutical patent keyword searches.
• Expertise in developing comprehensive synonym list and complex strategies under short deadlines in support of patent search requests.
• Provide focused, yet timely comprehensive search reports.
• Expertise using multiple search interfaces such as STN, Thomson Innovation, Cortellis, Genomequest and Lexis.
• Proficiency with scientific and business sources, such as Medline, Biosis and pipeline databases.
• Create and maintain alerts.
• Use tools and informatics approaches that provide information insights to Legal Department, using analysis and visualization approaches.
• Solid analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Customer friendly and able to adapt search approaches to individual client requirements.
• Demonstrates effective teamwork such as collaboration and communication to achieve a common goal.
• Strong organization and time management skills with ability to handle short deadlines, and simultaneous complex search requests.
• Bachelors or M.S degree in molecular biology, chemistry or biochemistry
• Three years of relevant searching experience in the areas of patent, scientific and business information in pharma/biotech industry
• Demonstrated ability to perform detailed keyword searches in timely fashion.
• Proactive, effective communication (written and verbal) and collaboration with team members and clients
Please apply at www.gene.com.
Genentech Job ID:00439153