The 3/4 Time Middle School Librarian is responsible for implementing a library program to meet the needs of middle school students and faculty including:
- All library services such as collection management, book processing & cataloging, activity programming, library management systems, database use and instruction, and facilities development & maintenanc
- Managing parent volunteers including recruiting, scheduling, training, delegating, supervising and celebrating.
- Collaborating with and supporting teachers and their curriculum through research skills and information literacy related classroom instruction.
- Supporting students and teachers with research project assistance including evaluating student work.
- Promoting recreational reading including book displays, leading book clubs and organizing author talks and other special events.
- Integrating new technologies into the library program and assisting students and teachers with tech solutions.
- Coordinating an all-school library program with the Library Director.
This position also includes various middle school co-curricular responsibilities including:
- Leading student orientation programs, interim trips and a student Advisory,
- Teaching elective classes and interdisciplinary “Focus Days”,
- Participating in faculty meetings, professional development activities, and other school related events.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience teaching in a middle school is required.
- Experience teaching and working with middle school students in an educational setting.
- Experience working in a school library and managing all aspects of library services.
- Technology proficiency with computers, iPads printers, networks, and other peripherals
- Demonstrated commitment to education for democracy, justice, equity, inclusion, community service, and environmental stewardship.
A complete copy of the job announcement can be found at The Athenian School Employment webpage.
Please send letter of interest, current resume, and three references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.