Bookshare, the world’s largest accessible digital library for readers with print disabilities, seeks a flexible, detail-oriented, and meticulous individual to join our collection development team. This dynamic and mission-driven group is responsible for the core processes that make digital books in accessible formats available to over 300,000 Bookshare members around the country and around the world – books that would otherwise be unreadable for them.
This position will be responsible for managing the receipt of ordered books, adding and correcting metadata in catalog records, as well as some chopping, scanning, and inventory control of print books that are acquired to meet member requests.
This is a full-time position based in Palo Alto.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving and processing physical book orders
- Adding copyright, synopsis and other crucial information to records in Bookshare’s catalog
- Respond to reports of quality issues from members
- Prepare books for high-speed scanning by removing covers and separating the spine with in-house chopper
- Scan books on a high-speed scanner and generate files to send to vendors and subcontractors
- Maintain online records of titles in processing
- Additional collection development support and backup duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of library paraprofessional or administrative experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with detailed record keeping and high standards of accuracy in data entry
- Ability to lift 20 pounds of books
- Demonstrated competence with office software tools
- Experience with library metadata, Salesforce, and non-profit environments are highly desired
Full description and link to application information available online.
Applications by July 15, 2015.