The Belvedere-Tiburon Library is offering a great opportunity to join the staff as a part-time Library Assistant. The Library seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented person for a part-time position in our cataloging, acquisitions, and serials department. This is a part-time position with flexible hours, up to 10 hours per week.
The person in this paraprofessional position provides technical support for the operation and activities of the Technical Services Department and works in close cooperation with other staff to provide the highest level of service.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
• Performs serials check-in and processing
• Adds item records for new materials and deletes item records for withdrawn materials
• Receives orders, verifies packing lists, and updates order records upon receipt
• Performs bibliographical searching using Millennium, and OCLC
• Handles processing of book and non-book materials, including labeling, covering, and laminating materials
• Experience with an online library system (Sierra or Millennium preferred), especially Serials, Cataloging and Acquisitions functions
• Paraprofessional experience in a technical services department of a public or academic library
• Experience with basic acquisitions and serials procedures
• Experience with standard office equipment including computers and printers
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Application Closing Date:
July 31, 2015
Send cover letter and resume with references to:
Technical Services Supervisor
1501 Tiburon Blvd.
Tiburon, CA 94920
OR email to: email@example.com