Responsible for the development, maintenance, functionality, and usability of the Library’s web presence and multimodal student engagement. Provide instruction and reference services to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and others through a variety in-person and remote methods. Serve as liaison to assigned departments. Participate in collection development.
Schedule includes one regularly scheduled evening reference shift per week, and one or more weekend days per month.
• Oversight and maintenance of the Business Library web presence and properties through a collaborative process which results in efficient creation of content, assessment, revision, navigation, and access to resources.
• Analyze current content and anticipate future content needs and adjust web information accordingly.
• Assess effectiveness and usability of website; identify improvements that consider the various needs and learning styles of GGU students and faculty.
• Track usage of the Library’s web properties using analytics and other methods.
• Keep current regarding new technologies, trends, and practices related to web services.
• Provide in person and online instruction to classes and other library users as needed.
• Develop new pathways to reach students and faculty via webinars, workshops, and other modes.
• Provide reference services to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other library users using a variety of modes including in-person, email, IM, telephone, and appointments.
• Collaborate with other library staff and GGU faculty to evaluate, select, and deselect materials in all relevant media.
• Serve as a subject specialist and liaison for assigned disciplines and maintain effective communication with faculty in liaison areas.
• Develop and maintain reference and research guides.
• Oversee library assistants and student workers in navigating policy questions, complaints, difficult patrons, and security issues as needed.
• Participate in Business Library planning, assessment, and evaluation.
• Collaborate with staff in peer training and other staff development needs.
• Participate in a variety of outreach activities, some of which occur on evenings and weekends.
• Participate in other projects and duties as assigned by the Library Director
For the full job description and to apply, visit the GGU Human Resources page.