CASBS is seeking an part-time assistant in the Library Services department. The assistant will work with the Information Manager to fulfill requests from fellows and scholars. This includes visits to Stanford’s Green Library and weekly visits to Stanford’s satellite libraries.
Specific duties include:
Ensure that daily pages to Library are completed in a timely manner.
At the Center:
- Process requests using the CASBS request system
- Prepare list of items to pick up at Stanford Libraries
- Load vehicle for return of Stanford Library books
At Stanford Libraries:
- Return books to proper location
- Gather books from library stacks
- Check out books under corresponding proxy account
- Load vehicle and bring items back to the Center
- Maintain accurate online patron circulation records, including books and journals borrowed from Stanford and other libraries.
- Assist fellows and scholars in the CASBS reading room as needed.
Other duties may include prepping archive materials, including photos for scanning
- Have experience working in libraries. An MLIS degree is helpful but not necessary
- Have a working knowledge of Library of Congress call numbers
- Are computer literate and have strong online research skills
- Have superior customer service skills
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Have strong communication skills
- Must be able to lift books and other library materials up to 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable working on a step stool or ladder to reach higher library shelves
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License
Time Commitment: At least 4 days, Mon-Fri, from 8:30am to 12:30pm. 20 hours maximum.
Application Deadline: August 14, 2015
Application Process: For consideration please submit cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Jason Gonzales. No phone calls please.
The selected candidate will need to pass a background check and a DMV check.
Contact: Jason Gonzales/Information Manager