The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library at San Jose State University is recruiting an Engineering Librarian, who will collaborate with faculty, library staff, and campus staff, and on the development of innovative services and support for instruction and research.
- Master’s degree from an ALA accredited program or equivalent
- Experience and/or coursework in collection development, reference service/research consultation and information literacy/instruction
- Potential for scholarly research and/or professional achievement
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the educational needs of diverse populations, as gained through cross- cultural study, training, teaching or other comparable experiences, for the provision of user-centered services, systems and programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design and implement innovative projects or services, including community outreach programs
- Experience and/or coursework incorporating current and emerging technologies into instructional and informational services
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with public and academic librarians and staff, teaching faculty, and students in a rapidly changing information environment
- Undergraduate or graduate degree or coursework in an engineering-related field or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with disciplinary electronic databases and major reference works
The full job description and application instructions are available here.