The Library at Holy Names University has an immediate opening for a part-time, temporary visiting librarian for 10 hours per week for the fall academic semester, 2015. This librarian will provide direct reference services in person and online to students, faculty, staff, and other members of the Holy Names University community on evenings and weekends. Other tasks may include composing and editing online resource guides, information literacy instruction, assisting with library events, assisting with material deacquisition, and other activities in support of the library’s mission.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science
- Experience providing reference services in an academic setting
- Customer service experience and demonstrated ease in working with diverse faculty, students, and staff
- Tact and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with online resource guides and scholarly electronic databases
- Availability to work Saturdays and 1-2 evening(s) per week (schedule may vary)
More information about the library is available online.