- ALA accredited Master’s degree in Librarianship or its equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience using print and electronic library resources and services in a library setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other librarians, support staff, teaching faculty and students in an evolving organization and rapidly changing information environment.
- One year experience working in a library setting.
- Applicants should have awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population, as gained through cross-cultural study, training, teaching and/or other comparable experiences.
Expected duties in this position include the following:
- Provide quality reference service at the Reference Desk or through online tools during days, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Teach sessions for classes and groups as part of the librarians’ information literacy program.
- Perform collection management activities such as selection and evaluation.
- Develop online resources and bibliographic guides.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop innovative services in areas such as outreach, marketing, and digital resources
- Candidate must address the needs of a student population of great diversity – in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation – through course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Starting Date: January 2, 2016
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
￼Undergraduate or graduate degree in a health science-related area or equivalent work experience. Familiarity with disciplinary information resources and databases.
Please mail the following items to the address listed below:
- Cover letter expressing qualifications and relevant experiences,
- A resume/CV of academic preparation, experience and qualifications,
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of 3 professional references
SJSU, University Library Attention:
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0028
For full consideration, applications must be postmarked by October 31, 2015. If selected for an interview, applicants will be asked to provide original transcripts, and three original letters of recommendation. Please contact the SJSU Library Human Resources Office at 408-808-2080 if you have questions.
Full job description and application requirements available online.